In accordance with legislation the following terms apply.
Please read them carefully as they form the basis of your contract with ST. AUDRIES BAY HOLIDAY CLUB
1. Booking Your Holiday. Please complete our booking form carefully. Once you have done so you must ensure it is signed by someone who is over eighteen years of age and has the authority of all persons named on it to do so. You should then send the booking form to us with the appropriate deposit as stated unless you are booking within 30 days of the start of your holiday in which case full payment should accompany the booking form.
2. Deposit. Your booking form must be accompanied by the stated deposit.
3. Payment of the Balance. The balance of the holiday cost must be received by us not less than 30 days prior to your arrival date. If payment is not received in full by this date we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled and to apply the cancellation charges set out in paragraph 7 below. If your booking is made within 30 days of your holiday start date, full payment must be sent with your booking form or your booking may not be accepted.
4. Method of Payment. Cheques should be made payable to St. Audries Bay Holiday Club or payment card details must be provided.
5. Confirmation of Booking and Your Contract. On receipt of your completed booking form and deposit, we will either post you or email you written confirmation of your booking. A binding contract between us comes into existence on the date we issue that written confirmation. This contract is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
6. The Price of Your Holiday. The prices shown on our price list are those current at the time of going to print. These prices are subject to change but the price of your holiday will not be increased after it has been confirmed to you, at the the time of booking. VAT is included at the current rate. Should there be a change in the standard rate prior to receipt of your full payment you will be liable for the additional amount of the balance outstanding.
7. Amendments to Your booking. Should you wish to make any changes to your booking after it has been confirmed, you should write to us as soon as possible. We will endeavour to meet any such requests and in some circumstances may require an amendment fee of £25. It we cannot meet with your requests you will then have the choice of either proceeding with your holiday as originally booked or cancelling in accordance with paragraph 8 below
8. Cancellation by You. Should you need to cancel your holiday, you must notify us in writing immediately. In addition, if you cancel within 30 days of the start of your holiday, you will remain liable to pay the full holiday cost unless we are able to re-let your booked accommodation. If we are able to do so, the balance of the holiday cost will be refunded to you less a cancellation charge of £25 per person. You maybe asked to provide documentary proof with any cancellation notification to ensure a refund. Valid reason cancellation include illness or injury to any member of your party (or close relative), redundancy, jury service, burglary of your property.
9. Changes by Us. Very occasionally, it may be necessary for us to make changes to holiday details and to our brochure both after and before your booking has been confirmed. As this is usually the result of circumstances beyond our control, we must reserve the right to do so. Most changes will be of a minor nature. In the rare event of our having to make a significant change, we will of course notify you as quickly as possible. We will then offer you the choice of accepting the changed arrangements or purchasing an alternative holiday, if available,(and paying or receiving a refund in respect of any price difference) or cancelling your holiday and receiving a full and prompt refund of all monies paid. No compensation is payable in respect of any charges, and it should be noted that not all the facilities are available all the time. We further regret we cannot be responsible for any costs and expenses you may incur as a result of any change.
10. Cancellation by Us. Very rarely we may find it necessary to cancel holidays and we must reserved the right to do so. However, we will only cancel holidays if you fail to make payment in full and on time or if we are forced to do so as a result of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care, (or when an insufficient number have booked. In the event of cancellation (other than due to your default in payment) we will offer you the choice of an alternative holiday, if available (and paying or receiving a refund in respect of an price difference) or receiving a full and prompt refund of all monies you have paid. We regret however that we cannot pay any compensation or be responsible for any costs or expenses you may incur as a result. We will of course advise you as soon as possible.
11. Our Liability to You. We accept responsibility for ensuring that all parts of our contract with you are properly performed except where any failure to perform or improper performance was due to your own acts and/or omissions or those of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or an event which we could not have forseen or forestalled even with all due care. It is however a condition of our acceptance of this responsibility that you notify us of any complaint/claim during your holiday and provide full written details within 30 days after the end of your holiday as mentioned below. Further, where any payment is made to you or any member of your party, that person must assign to ourselves or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party. You must further provide ourselves and the insurers with all assistance required. We cannot however accept liability for any loss or damage to property unless this was due directly to the acts or omissions of any of our employees.
12. Complaints. We sincerely hope you will not encounter any problems during your holiday. In the unlikely event that you do, you must notify us immediately. Most problems are capable of being remedied on the spot and we will do our best to ensure they are. Should, however, you remain unhappy you must put any unresolved complaint in writing to us within 30 days of the end of your holiday. We will then investigate the matter so that an amicable resolution can be reached if at all possible. We regret that we cannot accept liability for any claim not notified to us in accordance with these bookings conditions.
13. Misbehaviour by Client. In the interests of all our guests, in the unusual event of nuisance or annoyance to other guests or damage being caused by anyone, the management reserve the right to ask such persons to leave and/or charge for any cleaning/repairs/replacements as necessary. In the event of this being necessary we cannot make any refund or be responsible for any costs/expenses incurred.
14. Your Holiday. All bookings are from 4pm on the day of arrival (you are welcome to arrive earlier but please note that your accommodation may not be ready until this time) until 10.30am on the day of departure. Bookings are normally from Friday to Friday however mid-week and short bookings are accepted, please see tariff.
15. Travel. Train: Guests can be met at Taunton Station by Taxi – prices may be obtained on application (please notify us of train arrival time). Coach: There are National coaches from London to Taunton and Minehead (change at Bristol).
16. Holiday Club. The Holiday Club membership fee is included in the deposit and nomination for election is automatically requested by those whose names appear on the application/booking form and who are over the age of 18
17. Pets. Dogs are allowed on Touring Pitches, in our Pet Friendly accommodation and in certain areas of the main building – please ask at Reception for details (Guide Dogs excepted).Please make sure your dog does not foul the site and is exercised in the Dog Garden or on the beach. Please keep your dog on a lead at all times around site.We ask that you do not allow your pets onto the beds or furniture in the Pet Friendly accommodation. If any damage is caused by your pet in your accommodation, or if excessive cleaning needs to be done on departure, extra charges will be incurred.
18. General. Whilst we will always try to provide the accommodation of your choice, we reserve the right to allocate similar suitable accommodation should the need arise. St Audries Bay Holiday Club will endeavour to ensure that all facilities as advertised are available especially in High Season. For reasons entirely beyond our control (eg. strikes, mechanical breakdown,illness, pandemic & epidemic etc.) such facilities may temporarily not be as advertised. They cannot accept liability where such misfortunes occur.
19. Rights of Refusal. We must point out that St Audries Bay Holiday Club reserves the unconditional right to refuse a booking or terminate a guest’s holiday in the event of unreasonable conduct which in our opinion is likely to cause distress, damage, danger or annoyance to other guests, employees, property or to any third party
20. No commercial vehicles permitted on site. Please contact Reception for more details.
21. Charging of electrical vehicles. We cannot allow the charging of electrical vehicles from any of our chalets, caravans and touring pitches, this is to stop any overloading of the electric supply to our site. The nearest charging points are in Minehead, Bridgwater and Taunton, for the further details please contact Reception.
22. E- Scooters. Quad bikes, trials bikes and powered scooters are not permitted on the park.
Download the above booking terms Booking Terms and Conditions 2021.