PRIVACY STATEMENT – ST AUDRIES BAY HOLIDAY CLUB
This privacy statement explains how we, St Audries Bay Holiday Club, intend to collect and use information about you. Any update to our privacy statement can also be found here.
Who we are: Hamell (West) Ltd T/A St Audries Bay Holiday Club, West Quantoxhead, Taunton, Somerset, TA4 4DY (we, us or our).
Under data protection law we are the ‘data controller’ of the personal information that we collect about you and as a data controller we have certain legal responsibilities concerning how we collect, use and share your personal information. We must inform you about this.
The information we collect.
The types of personal information we collect from you include:
Information you provide to us – personal information that you provide to us including your contact details (i.e. your name, email address, phone number and postal address)your bank account details if applicable and insurance details if applicable.
Our correspondence – if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
Sales and services information – details of transactions that you make with us and details of the services we provide to you;
How we use your personal information. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
to provide our services effectively to you – examples: to administer our services, including handling your requests, communicating with you, keeping up-to-date records about you and carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, to make payments to you and receive payments from you (where applicable).
to market to you – if you have not objected, to provide you with updates and offers about our products and services we may use your information for marketing our own services to you by post, phone and email and, where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing. We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing communication sent to you or you may opt out by contacting us using the details in the ‘Contact us‘ section of this privacy statement. If at any time you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, you can let us know by contacting us using these contact details.
How long will we keep your personal information?
Where you have expressed an interest in our products or services / where we have collected your contact details for us to provide you with information about our services, we will keep your information for 3 years, or until you ask us to stop sending you such information.
Where you have purchased a product or service from us, we will keep your personal information for so long as you are sited on our park, plus for 7 years, to deal with any queries, complaints or legal claims you may have.
Legal grounds to process.
The legal grounds we rely on to process your personal information are that processing is necessary for:
*Our legitimate business interests; these interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms in relation to the protection of your personal information. Our legitimate business interests include enabling us to provide you with products, services and information about our products and services (marketing).
*Our performance of a contract made with you. This includes our providing you with products and services and our taking steps at your request towards, and in anticipation of, providing you with products and services
* Our compliance with legal or regulatory obligations.
Your rights in relation to your personal information.
If you have any questions in relation to our use of your personal information, you should first contact us using the contact in the ‘Contact us’ section of this privacy statement.
Under certain conditions, you may have the right to request us to:
*provide you with further details on the use we make of your personal information;
*provide you with a copy of personal information that we have collected about you;
*update any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold;
*delete any personal information that we no longer have a lawful ground to use;
*object to our use of your personal information if our use of your personal information is causing you undue harm. In such a case we must cease using your personal information for that purpose.
If you have any questions, or you would like to find out more about this privacy statement you can write to us at:
Hamell (West) Ltd, T/A St Audries Bay Holiday Club, West Quantoxhead, Taunton, Somerset, TA4 4DY, Tel: 01984 632515
A cookie is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, your browser adds that text in a small file. A cookie helps analyse web traffic or logs when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We, St Audries Bay, and on our behalf, Google Analytics use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customers’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
If you are using a shared computer and you choose to leave cookies turned on, be sure to log yourself and your details off when you finish using a shared computer.
1. To gather information which allows us to identify your platform and record sales so we may improve customer experience and identify issues on the site.
2. To ensure you are provided with correct and useful information during your visit to our site.
3. To collect data which allows us to improve our services based on purchases and site usage.
There are three different categories these cookies are split into:
1. Essential to Site function cookies – these cookies allow you to browse the site, search for holidays and book your holiday online.
2. Helpful, non intrusive cookies – these help improve your experience on the site
3. Third Party Cookies – to help us record customer experience and to allow us to test new services, to help us improve the customer journey on the website
More information on cookies, their use and how to accept or reject them can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.
When you visit our website, we store web server logs which show your IP address, this gives us information such as which pages you looked at, whether the page request was successful or not and which browser you use to view the page. The use of this data is purely for statistical purposes.
3. Credit Card Details. Credit Card details are only collected for the processing of payment and will be not be held once the payment is processed.
4. Email communications from St Audries Bay. St Audries Bay may provide you with selected information or make you aware of additional products, services and offers from time to time if you have given consent for us to do so.
5. Storage & Security of Personal Information. St Audries Bay takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system. Our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by St Audries Bay. However, St Audries Bay will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information.
6. Feedback . St Audries Bay welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the site. St Audries Bay stores feedback that users send to us. This feedback will be used to administer and refine the service.
7. Privacy & Site Changes . From time to time, St Audries Bay may review and update its privacy statement. Revised versions will be updated on the website.